Hello fellow makeup and skincare junkies! I've decided at the beginning of each month to share with you all some of my favorite cruelty free and/or vegan beauty products I've either tried for the first time or started using again during the previous month. I get a lot of questions about my recommendations for beauty needs, so each month I will be delivering my faves to you right here, with links on where to purchase, deets on why I love it so much, and in depth info on each product! One tip I must share, that I do myself, especially with skincare...buy the travel sizes first if that is an option! This way you can try out the product and decide if you want to go through with purchasing the full size! The free sample sizes they give you at beauty counters unfortunately are typically not enough for you to see results.
Alright, let's get to it! ( this blog is a bit long, so sit back, grab a glass of red wine and enjoy )
P.S I have also BOLDED the product category so if you are really only interested in something particular, you can scroll right to it!
EYE CREAM - Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment : This eye cream is super creamy and hydrating without leaving my under eye area feeling greasy, so it is safe to use underneath makeup. So many rich eye creams cause concealer to crease and sometimes just wipe right off once you apply. The Maracuja oil is rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin C which delivers firmer, smoother, brighter skin. It is also packed with antioxidants which help fight the signs of aging! This eye cream is great if you have mild sagging or puffiness in the eye area. It also has light reflecting particles which diminishes the look of dark circles and helps you look like you actually had 8 hours of sleep ( which we all know is impossible lol ). Priced at $38 this is affordable and effective. Tarte cosmetics is a cruelty free and vegan skincare line, free of toxins!
- LIP TREATMENT - Herbivore Botanicals Coco Rose Lip Conditioner: If you know me, you know I love anything that smells like roses. This product is made with both virigin coconut oil and moroccan rose which leaves a soft light floral scent with a touch of coconut. It tastes pretty delish too :) This product is super hydrating and nourishing and made with all natural ingredients. The only thing I wish was different about this product is that it also came in a stick or was a little easier to get out of the jar. I usually scrape with a Q-tip and then apply. Herbivore Botanicals offer products that are safe, non-toxic, and never tested on animals. Priced at $22
- BRONZER - Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Bronzer : This is seriously my new favorite bronzer. It is very rare to find a bronzer that gives you a natural sunkissed glow. A lot of bronzers are either flat and muddy or way too shimmery and orange that it's sooo obvious that glow is not real. It blends really beautifully and you need only a soft swipe of your brush to deliver a nice glow. Be careful picking up too much of this bronzer though, a little goes a long way! This product is Gluten free, talc free, fragrance free, never tested on animals and certified vegan! Priced at $50
- LIP LINER - Chantecaille Lip Definer in "Tone" : I love this lip liner because it is long lasting and the color is about 1-2 shades darker than my natural lip color so I usually just line my lips and fill in my lips with just this for an every day natural look. It also pairs well with most nudes and even some deeper hues. This liner is smudgeproof and water resistant! Priced at $26
- CONCEALER - Chantecaille Le Camouflage Stylo : I have pretty dark circles and it seems that most under eye concealers that combat dark circles are super thick and cakey. I love this product for everyday use because it's lightweight, you need just a few strokes from the brush, and it creates a bright refreshed look under the eye. For special occassions or photography I would probably not use this, but for everyday...I'm sold for life. Chantecaille skincare is cruelty free and also free of sulfates, detergents, mineral oil, synthetic colors and fragrances. Priced at $52. A little on the expensive side for concealer, but in this case, you get what you pay for!
- EYELASH TREATMENT - Rodan and Fields Lash Boost : I have always been a skeptic of this line, as I am sure many of you are. Although the skincare did not work for me ( I know it works wonders for some people ), the Lash Boost is the real deal! I used to wear false eye lashes every weekend, ripping them off before bed and never really understood the importance of taking good care of your lashes until I saw how expensive it was to get lash extensions and the maintenance that came with that. So, with me refusing to get lash extensions...which btw break off your lashes into little nubs over time, I decided to see what the hype was all about with Lash Boost. Game changer! My lashes are longer, fuller, even shinier than ever before. People are always asking me if I wear fake lashes! I will never stop using this product! Whoever that Rodan and Fields lady may be that is always calling or messaging you, call her back now and order the Lash Boost! I'm not sure on price right now...I think they are running some specials for Christmas! I have a few girlfriends who sell R&F, I can hook you up with their contact info if you'd like!
- LONGWEAR LIP STICK - Lawless Beauty Liquid Lipstick : The one pictured is "George" however, I loved this lipstick so much when they ran a special for Black Friday I bought the entire collection LOL! This lipstick is long wearing, amazing pigment, does not dry my lips out, and the best part, it is 100% non toxic! Priced at $25
- HOLIDAY EYESHADOW - Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow : I love this product for special occasions!! It glides on smooth and effortlessly, is super lightweight on the lid, but sparkles so beautifully! A lot of other glitter eye shadows I've used leave my lids feeling wet, sticky, and even creases. This product dries pretty quickly...so I will say...work with it quickly. These are the perfect addition to your makeup kit and are perfect for all of your upcoming holiday parties! Priced at $24
- EYE LINER - Pretty Vulgar Eyeliner : First off, I'm such a sucker for unique packaging. I will buy something just because it looks cute, and then I am usually sadly disappointed in the product itself. Not the case here. This product is JET BLACK, the pigment in it is perfect! It glides on effortlessly, no tugging, no need to go back over the line to make it darker, no smudging, no transfers to your lids once you open your eyes! It's kind of perfect! If you love a sharp black winged liner, you need to try this product! Priced at $24 and if it's your first time shopping from their website, you get 20% off your order! :) Add to cart...now!
- FACE MIST - Herbivore Botanicals Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist : This mist has 5 ingredients that are so good for you! Coconut water which hydrates and gives you that healthy glow - Hibiscus Flower which aids in cell turnover helping us to have a more even skin tone - Rose, my favorite, which is hydrating and high in antioxidants and helps reduce redness in the skin - Witch Hazel which also helps with redness and inflammation and tightens the skin - and last, Aloe Vera which is healing, hydrating, and helps prevent breakouts and blemishes. I spray this on my face all day every day. With this winter weather drying out our faces, it's super important to keep this in your purse and give yourself a spritz anytime you need a refresher. It also smells amazzzzzing!! Order the bigger size...trust me, you will use through it fast. Priced at $32
- FOUNDATION - I tried to keep my list at 10, BUT, I had to add one more in, especially for all my ladies who always ask about foundation recommendations! As a makeup artist, Fenty Beauty Pro FILT'R Foundation has become a favorite for me! When my skin is on the drier side, I don't always love this. I definitely recommend this for any of you ladies who have combo skin or oily skin. This is a soft matte formula, which I love. Not every skin type can handle a dewy luminous look but that doesn't mean they need a full matte foundation plastered on their face. This foundation is perfect for my ladies who need more of a matte look but their skin can still look like skin! This product truly is long wear and I love using it for a night out or special occasions! Fenty beauty is cruelty free, and from the research I have done so far, the foundation is actually a vegan formula. Don't hold me to that, I am still doing more research to make sure that is 100% confirmed. Priced at $34
That wraps up my list of favorites, if you read all the way through, thank you for sticking with me! I am quite the talker! :)
I hope you love these products as much as I do and if you do purchase, please let me know what you think!!