I'm talking about PRIMERS! You wouldn't believe how many clients tell me their makeup doesn't last all day and then come to find out it's because they are missing such a crucial step! I know, with our busy schedules who has time to add ONE MORE freakin product to their morning beauty routine? WE ALL DO! It literally takes 2 seconds!
I'm going to tell you what primers do, how to apply, and which ones you should purchase ( they will be hyperlinked so you can add to your cart right away ).
First, WHAT IS A PRIMER? - Primers are products designed to create a nice even canvas before you paint your masterpiece ( that's how I like to look at it )
- Primers combat shine
- Create a smooth base for foundation application
- Lengthen the wear of your makeup by giving your makeup something to hold on to so your skin isn't soaking up all your product
- Smoothes fine lines, wrinkles, and large pores
- Brightens the skin
- Evens out skin tone...combats redness!
- Gives the skin a radiant glow
- Protects from environmental pollutants and damage
- Reduces the appearance of acne
How to apply? Easy! - Apply AFTER moisturizer with your fingertips (just as you would apply moisturizer). If you have a little extra time, I like to do a mini facial massage to get my blood flowing...because, why not?
Now, on to my favorites! If you are a client of mine, you've definitely seen these in my kit! I don't got to work without them!
1. Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Primer : This primer gives the skin a radiant dewy look, so naturally if you know anything about my artistry style, this one is my favorite! I like to use this underneath my foundation and even on top for extra radiance. This can also be worn alone for those days you don't feel like wearing foundation to give the skin a more polished look and a subtle glow. This product also contains anti aging ingredients that stimulates collagen and boosts elasticity in the skin! $55
2. Hourglass Cosmetics Veil Mineral Primer : This is a great primer for normal to oily skin! I've even had clients text me after a day of wearing their makeup asking how I got it to stay so well! This is it! This primer does it all! It smoothes, conceals redness, is long lasting, and has SPF 15 to combat the sun's harmful rays! Leaves the skin with a nice silky finish! $54
3. Cover FX Mattifying Primer with Acne Treatment : This primer has an instant mattifying effect, while preventing and healing acne. This product helps to clarify the skin and reduce sebum buildup while minimizing pores, shine, inflammation, and redness. $38
4. NYX Studio Perfect Photo Loving Primer : This primer is available in three different formulas. The clear formula helps to soften fine lines and pores. The green one helps to correct redness in the skin, and the lavender helps to correct yellow tones. This product creates a smooth matte finish on the skin. $13
However you prefer to wear your makeup, primers make a huge difference in how well it stays put. Make sure the primer you purchase is tailored to what your skin needs. If you don't have large pores, you don't need a primer that is specific to minimizing large pores. If your skin is crying of thirst...don't slap a mattifying primer on top of it! Give your skin what it needs and I promise it will work for you! If you give any of these above a try, please let me know your feedback!
Thank you always for joining me! Have a great week!